TRIM-TEX Buttboard™ Drywall Backer installs between studs on butt joints, and
pulls back the edges - creating a tapered edge that requires less joint
compound to finish. The end result is a factory like edge that requires
less compound, sanding, and labor - Buttboard Saves You Time & Money
Trim-Tex Buttboard™ Drywall Backer produced Flat Butt Joints also
reduce carpentry labor costs, and improve the overall quality of the
finished product. Save time and material handling with easier butt joint
layout between wall and ceiling framing members. No special tools
required for installation, and using Butt board allows the use of shorter
Trim-Tex Buttboard™ Drywall Backer 54" Features:
- Finish butt joints smooth and easy with a factory-like tapered edge
- Save approximately 1/2 mud, sanding, and labor to finish butts
- Cut back and save on carpentry costs associated with drywall butt joints
- Works with metal and wood framing without special tools or fasteners
- Use with any thickness of drywall and allows for use of shorter sheets
- Made from Formaldehyde free premium density OSB board.
- BUTT BOARD
How to install Buttboard Drywall Backer
THIS ITEM DOES QUALIFY FOR FREE SHIPPING, BUT MUST BE ORDERED IN A
MINIMUM QUANTITY OF 20 BUNDLES OR MORE . ANYTHING LESS THAN 20 BUNDLES
WILL MAKE IT TO WHERE YOU HAVE TO PAY FREIGHT. THIS ITEM IS VERY FREIGHT INTENSIVE.
- Install first sheet of drywall with butt end centered between
framing members. Install screws in surround of drywall
sheet, except for framing members closest to butt end.
- Center BUTTBOARD on backside of drywall butt joint TM
with machined groove facing the backside of drywall. Install
screws every 8-12 inches, one inch back from drywall butt
- Butt end of second drywall sheet to end of first sheet. (Do
not compress butt joint). Install screws into surround of
drywall sheet except for framing member closest to butt joint.
- Firmly push butt end of second sheet into BUTTBOARD TM
and install screws every 8-12", one inch back from butt edge.
- Finish screwing both sheets of drywall to framing
Screws can also be installed through adjoining drywall
sheet into overlapping BUTTBOARD
- Tape and mud the butt joint. To improve the strength and
workability of your drywall compound, Drywall Tool Depot recommend you
use Trim-Tex Mud-Max, stock # 850.