Sheetrock® Brand Acoustical Sealant can be used in full-load bearing, steel-stud partitions (WHI-9-28-78). It boasts 0/0 flame-spread/smoke-developed Surface Burning Characteristics with Underwriters Laboratories. Tested at Riverbank Acoustical Laboratories in accordance with ASTM E90, this product was sound tested and proven to be an integral component in maintaining STC/MTC partition ratings.
- Excellent sound-flanking material (supports high STC ratings)
- Superior performance as a fire caulk in UL-classified joint systems
- Ideal for use in smoke and/or sound assemblies
- Meets ASTM C834 specifications for latex sealants
- Grade -18°C (0°F) low temperature flexibility, strong bond
- Low VOC
Note: The product should not be painted or used with PVC or Plastic pipe.
This sealant achieves all test-verified STC/MTC by sealing gaps in partitions with a long-lasting, resilient, acoustical seal.